David Pearl, LCSW
I am a psychotherapist and consultant specializing in treating professionals, couples, performing artists and athletes. Using a non-judgmental and practical approach, I am an active therapist dedicated to helping people live their best lives. My aim is to provide a safe and supportive environment to strengthen self-esteem and facilitate more meaningful connections with family, friends, professional colleagues, or teammates.
I obtained my Master’s degree from The Silver School of Social Work at NYU and my Bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am formally trained in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and have certifications in Imago Relationship Therapy and Prepare/Enrich Premarital and Marital Counseling.
Prior to founding Music City Psych in Nashville, TN, I provided psychotherapy and performance coaching at Union Square Practice in NYC, counseling to individuals, couples, and families struggling with hematologic cancers at Mount Sinai Hospital, as well as psychodynamically oriented individual and couples counseling at The National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NIP).
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, playing golf, and traveling.
- Nashville Psychotherapy Institute (NPI)
- Imago Relationship International (IRI)
- Improve Your Relationship - Nashville
- Greater New York Association of Imago Relationship Therapists (GNYAIRT)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Prepare/Enrich Premarital & Marriage Counseling
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- The New York State Society of Clinical Social Workers (NYSSCSW)
- The Psychotherapy and Training Collective of New York
- Participation in a monthly Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) consultation group.
- Bone Marrow Foundation’s Social Work Board of Advisers